Hydrocyclones are important and economically viable systems for the wet-mechanical separation and classifying processes of ores and minerals.
AKA-VORTEX are applied across the industry in various areas: sorting, desliming, closed circuit grinding, solids recovery, classification.
Principle of operation
In principle, the hydrocyclone is a solid bowl centrifuge of “slim” design. lt can be compared to a high-speed tubular centrifuge but also with a long-tube decanter. In the case of the hydrocyclone, however, the body is stationary. A rotation is initiated by the flow arising from the tangential f eed under pump pressure. The fluid is subjected to centrifugal forces, that lead to the c reation of a primary vortex, which is directed downwards, and an internal secondary vortex directed upwards. This leads to a segregation effect of the particles present in the fluid, due to a radially outward Sedimentation.
Design features and advantages
- Optimum separation characteristic at varying operation parameters
Long life time as per appropriate selection of material for each application: highly wear-resistant polyurethane, oxide- or SiC-ceramic, NiHard, titanium, diverse steels
Simple in operation
- Fast and trouble-free changing of wear-parts
- Modular system is achieved by using simple connectors and adaptors (feed part, overflow and underflow nozzle)
- Low weight of single parts
- Easy adaption to changed operation parameters
- FDA approval
- Heat resistant material
- Can be lined with high wear-resistant, chemical- and corrosion-resistant materials (rubber, PU, ceramic)
- Minerals (e.g. Kaolin, Feldspar, Talcum, Chalk, Quartz, Gypsum, Bentonite, Zircon, Phosphate)
- Ores (e.g. Iron ore, Bauxite, Zinc ore, Tin ore, Manganese ore, Chromite ore, Niobium-Tantalite-ore)
- Chemical intermediates
Hydrocyclone product range
- Conical Hydrocyclone
- Flat-bottom Hydrocyclone
- TWIN Hydrocyclone
- Hydrocyclone with Gritbox
- Carbon Steel Hydrocyclone with PU Liner